Tuesday 25 September 2012

Things I like.....Part 6

Inspiring your mind

Before I studied Fashion I wasn't a fan of museums at all, I found them boring and long and not to mention really cold for some odd reason, the food is over priced and only tourist go to museums. But due to the fact that I had to research for my design work, I found myself falling in love with them more and more, they are quite and they contain a lot of inspiration, I can literally spend the whole day in a museum and don't get bored now looool, weird I know but seriously they are educational and I am not a big fan of history and the whole back in 18th century thing, but I am a FAN of art and drawings with materials and colours the total package. I must admit that most of my design work was inspired from something I saw in a museum.

Here are a few of my favourite museums some are just for fashion, textile and design others are general..........



               Fashion and Textile Museum which focuses on British and international fashion, and textile design from 1950's to the present days. The museum is Situated in the heart of fashionable Bermondsey Village 





Design Museum, which covers products, industrial, graphic, fashion and architectural design, the museum is based in central London near the River Thames in Tower Bridge.



And finally.....The Victoria and Albert Museum, which is the world's largest museum of decorative arts and design, they host a number of fashion shows for grad students and they are amazing....this museum is based in London Cornwall Road, down the road from Knights Bridge 
  and cross the road from the National History Museum. 


There are many more museum to check out that do a lot of art and design for example the Fashion Museum in Bath and the Metropolitan Museum of art, Tate Modern/Britain, The Barbican and The National gallery   ect..... some food for thought if you are interested in inspiring your mind. But I just put up my favourite ones.  



T

No comments:

Post a Comment