Thursday 6 September 2012

Things I like.....Part 3

Back to your Roots.....


I wouldn't call myself a fully cultural girl, not at all, more like a mixture of Western style and a hint of culture. I still love and celebrate my culture but I do not drown myself in it, to the point of having cultural clothing. I grew up in two different worlds and I love both because they made me who I am today and my style is influenced by them. I consider myself a very colourful person and I believe that comes from my African culture but at the same time I have a elegance to my style and that come from the Western culture I have grown to love.

Here are some pictures of the type of mixed Western and African style I love, and find very inspiring.....



 I love the colour in this picture, I think it works really well with mood and scene.

















I love the mixture of the ordinary t-shirt and African skirt, then the over sized accessories. 
















Here I love the mixture of prints and colour,plus the over sized accessories I think everything looks amazing and this the type of style that influences me.

No comments:

Post a Comment