Monday 22 October 2012

Doing what I love............

Double the work........

So the majority of my friends already know that I sew, and I am so weak to saying No especially sewing for events, and with this knowledge, I was kindly asked by a couple of friends to sew their birthday dresses, some asked 3 months in advance so I couldn't say No....
So I had the privilege of sewing for twins YAY..... double the work but never the less it was a pleasure.

Here are some Pics of the sewing journey.......


I used pattern blocks for the top half of the dresses.






I bought the fabric in Brixton Village Market (Inside the Arcade) The telephone Number is printed below if you wish to get the same or more. I bought the fabric for £15 for 6 yards.




Used my favourite Brothers domestic sewing machine, this machine if FAB for beginners.





Key details of the dress: dropped front and back (originally supposed to be draped but due to the structure of the fabric, a few changes were made.




Full image of the dress, Asymmetric hem.





Key details of the dress: Boob tube top with chiffon draped sleeves.




Full image of the dress, gathered waist and full length.




And......this is how it they wore their dresses, totally cute right? Had to make a little skirt for myself  seeing the dress code was brown and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment